p.1.Open system pressure control valve (26).
Push MEDIA FILTER FORWARD FLUSH (8). This closes the automatic media filter flush valve. The FEED PRESSURE
LOW light (20) will go off when the MEDIA/CARTRIDGE INLET/OUTLET PRESSURE gages (13, 22) read 35-40 psig (241-
If the FEED PRESSURE LOW light stays on, the alarm horn sounds and the booster pump
stops, push SYSTEM RESET and then push BOOSTER PUMP START again.
Open cartridge filter vent valve (21). Close when water is seen.
Observe CARTRIDGE INLET/OUTLET PRESSURE gage (22). Minimum reading is 50 psig (345 kPa) on the red needle.
If pressure is low, check as follows:
· Check blue lights.
- MEDIA FILTER INLET light (23) must be on.
- MEDIA FILTER OUTLET light (24) must be on.
- If they are not, refer to troubleshooting. Refer to manual operation of automatic valves
· Feed valve (18) must be open.
· Cartridge filter block valve (10) must be open.
· Check raw water canvas hoses to be sure raw water pump is providing water. Hose
should be firm with water pressure. If not, stop pump and recheck the prime (para. 2-17b).
· Refer to troubleshooting.
s.1. Make sure the product shut-off valve (25) is open. If it is closed, the ROWPU will shutdown on a PRODUCT PRESSURE
HIGH (red light).
High pressure pump is ready to start if:
· Water is flowing through the waste out hose.
· FEED PRESSURE LOW light (20) is off.
· SYSTEM PRESSURE CONTROL valve (26) is open.
· CARTRIDGE INLET/OUTLET PRESSURE gage (22) reads 50 psig (345 kPa) or more (red
needle) and is steady, and all flags on the media filter level should be orange.
Push HIGH PRESSURE PUMP START (28).
Stop pump and refer to Troubleshooting, Table 3-1 if pump vibrates excessively, or if the
piping pulses severely.
DO NOT exceed 900 psig (6210 kPa).
Slowly turn system pressure control valve (26) clockwise until product flowmeter (29) shows mission normal flow (refer to
Tables 2-18 and 2-20) or selected push condition water flow.
Check generator and adjust throttle to provide 60 Hz. Adjust voltage to provide 440 VAC.
Direct potable water to storage.
Before placing the product hose end into the tank, be sure mud and dirt have been washed
Check the product water TDS. When it falls below the previously determined maximum (para. 2-17d), direct the product
water into the storage tank. Extend the free end of the hose well into the tank.
Fill the clean/flush tank if empty with product water from the product utility hose (para. 2-17b).
2-90 Change 12