Use caution when using detergent. Failure to do so could result in burns. Always wear
chemical gloves and face shield. If detergent comes in contact with skin or clothes, wash
off immediately. If detergent comes in contact with eyes, wash eyes immediately with clean
water from the eye wash station.
Make certain level of water in clean/flush tank is below chemical port. If level is above
chemical port, open tank drain valve until level is below chemical pod.
The ROWPU should already be set up as follows as a result of citric acid or NTP-A cleaning.
· Operational mode switch (3, Figure 2-61) set to system clean and light (4) on.
· System pressure control valve (5) fully closed.
· Clean return valve (6) open.
· Cleaning bypass valve (7) open. Feed valve (8) closed.
· Product utility hose (9) connected to clean/flush tank fill connection (10) and valve (11)
· Clean return hose (12) connected to waste out.
· Product shut off valve (13) closed.
· Clean/flush tank empty.
· Auxiliary fill hose (14) connected to distribution pump and clean/flush tank overflow hose
· Waste hose (16) connected to waste out connection.
Flush RO vessels two additional times.
Push DISTRIBUTION PUMP ON (17). When level reaches 75 gallons, push DISTRIBUTION PUMP OFF (18).
Remove fill port cover (19). Add contents of one 2 ounce bag of bisulfite through fill port. Reinstall cover. Remove
any chemical that lays in port.
Push DISTRIBUTION PUMP ON (17). When tank has 200 gallons, press DISTRIBUTION PUMP OFF (18).
Press BOOSTER PUMP START (20). Hold pushbutton in until feed pressure low light goes off.
When tank empties, pump stops.
If tank empties but pump does not shut off, push BOOSTER PUMP STOP. Operation can
continue by manually starting and stopping the pump. Notify unit maintenance.
Repeat steps a through e for a second additional flush.
Heat Up. Used when water temperature is below 80F.
Close the clean return valve (6).
Disconnect and coil the clean return hose (12) out of the way.
Remove waste out hose (16) from ROWPU van waste out connection. Install cap on connection.
Disconnect waste out hose section connection closest to van to allow drainage before
Remove waste out cap (22) (inside) and connect the cleaning heat-up hose (21).
2-120 Change 12