CHAPTER 4. UNIT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
SECTION I. REPAIR PARTS, SPECIAL TOOLS, TMDE, AND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
4-1. COMMON TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT. Refer to Appendix B, Section II, Maintenance Allocation Chart for tool
4-2. SPECIAL TOOLS, TEST, MEASUREMENT AND DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT (TMDE), AND SUPPORT
EQUIPMENT. Special tools are listed in Appendix B, Section Ill.
4-3. REPAIR PARTS. Repair parts are listed and illustrated in the Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL,
TM 10-4610-232-24P) covering unit maintenance for this equipment.
SECTION Il. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
4-4. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT.
a. General. This section contains the information necessary for unit maintenance personnel to be sure that the
ROWPU is ready for use.
b. Site and Shelter Requirements. When not in use, the ROWPU, with the exception of temperature sensitive items,
does not require special siting or shelter. If shelter is available, storing the ROWPU under cover will minimize routine
maintenance. Refer to para, 1-11 for storage temperature limitations. For site and shelter requirements during
operation, refer to para. 2-13.
(1) Unload ROWPU (para. 2-14).
(2) Remove the sealing material from exhaust pipes on heaters and packing material from heaters.
(3) Remove any packing material from the air compressor.
(4) Remove any packing material from the electrical heater.
(5) Remove sump drain sealing material.
(6) Remove generator sealing material to include, but not limited to, the following:
(a) Transport packaging.
(b) Air cleaner sealing tape.
(c) Generator sealing tape.
(d) Any other packing material as listed in TM 5-6115-545-12.
(e) Tie down cables, if installed.
(7) Remove any installed bracing/blocking for the RO pressure vessels.
(8) Remove any blocking between the ROWPU van and high pressure pump assembly.
d. Checking Unpacked Equipment.
(1) Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged, report the
damage in accordance with DA PAM 738-750.
(2) Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all discrepancies in
accordance with the instructions of DA PAM 738-750.
(3) Check that NBC media is in NBC tank. Fill if empty (para. 2-33).
(4) Check that media filter has media in it and that the level is at 10-14 inches as shown in para. 3-23.