REPAIR DRAIN VALVES.
a. If application of new antiseize tape and/or tightening does not stop leaks, replace valves and fittings
b. Clean out strainers (4, View N) by flushing in soapy water, rinsing in clean water and drying.
c. Replace blocked or damaged strainers.
INSTALLATION DRAIN VALVES.
a. Valves with mounting brackets (View O).
(1) Install mounting brackets (9) and secure with two capscrews (6), Iockwashers (7) and washers (8),
(2) Install valve (5) on bracket with two capscrews (1 ), Iockwashers (2) and washers (3) and install fittings (4).
(3) Connect tubing (para. 4-25).
b. Valves with strainers (View N).
(1) Install adapter (6).
(2) Install valve (5) on adapter (6).
(3) Install strainer (4) onto valve (5).
(4) Install fittings (1) and (3) on strainer (4) and valve (2) on fitting (3).
(5) Connect tubing (para. 4-25).
c. Drain valves shown in Views L and M are installed by screwing valves (2) onto nipples or elbows (3). Turn fittings
(1) onto valves (2).
REMOVAL CHECK VALVES.
a. Loosen compression fitting on valve (1, View P). Remove check valve (1) from nipple (2).
b. Loosen compression fitting on elbow (3) and remove nipple (2).
c. Remove elbow (3).
REPAIR CHECK VALVES.
a. Clean check valve (para. 4-10).
b. Replace damaged check valve.
INSTALLATION CHECK VALVES.
When installing check valve, be sure seat is positioned downstream (para. 4-10).
a. Install elbow (3) and nipple (2).
b. Install nipple (2) in elbow (3) and tighten compression fitting.
c. Install valve (1) on nipple (2) and tighten compression fitting.