(2) Position the two body halves (2) around assembled parts (3, 4,5 and 6).
(3) Secure valve body halves (2) with clamp halves (1).
b. Refer to Figure 4-52 and reassemble the upper section of the valve actuator as follows:
(1) Install preformed packing (27) on top section (6). Install fitting (29), plug (28) and fitting (2) if removed.
(2) Position solenoid valve (26) on top section (6) and secure with two screws (25).
(3) Position solenoid coil (14) over solenoid valve (26) and install wave washer (24), nut (23), washer (22), air line
(21), fitting (20), swivel connector (19), washer(18) andcapscrew (17).
(4) Slide two switch assemblies (16) in mounting bracket (13) and secure with two screws (15).
(5) Position mounting bracket (13) on top section (6) and secure with screw (11) and washer (12).
(6) Connect two wires, as tagged, to solenoid coil (14).
(7) Install wiring harness (10), using connector (8) and nut (9).
(8) Connect wiring harness wires to terminal strip (7).
(9) Position top section (6) on actuator and secure with three screws (5).
(10) Install switch positioner (4).
(11) Install cover (3).
(12) Install fitting (2) and air hose (1) by pushing hose into fitting (2).
(13) Refer to Figure 4-51 and use an adjustable wrench on the valve (3) stem to position the disk so that the valve is
open. Make sure disk is in full open position, not partially open.
(14) Install actuator (2) on valve (3), as marked and align the hole in the actuator base and the peg on the valve
The actuator and valve should slide together easily and the peg and hole should
lineup without twisting either the valve or actuator to allow assembly. If the valve and
actuator do not fit together, loosen the setscrew on the bottom side of the actuator
and turn the actuator base slightly until a fit is made. Tighten the setscrew securely.
(15) Install clamp (1) and tighten.
Install butterfly valve, with actuator, in system (para. 4-45a).