a. Adjust the air compressor cooling fan belt tension as follows:
Shut down the air compressor and bleed off all pressure in the system before
adjusting, Serious injury could result if this is not done.
(1) Refer to Figure 4-90 and remove two capscrews (1), washers (2), grommets (2A), nuts (3), washers (4),
capscrew (5), washer (6) and grommet (6A). Remove compressor shroud.
(2) With your thumb, depress drive belt(8) at the center of the belt span. If You can depress the drive belt more than
0.4 inches (3 mm) the drive belt tension must be adjusted.
Figure 4-90. Adjusting Cooling Fan Belt Tension
(a) Loosen nut (10) and turn shaft (9) until fan belt tension is correct.
(b) Hold fan belt (8) and tighten nut (10) to maintain the desired belt tension.
b. Adjust air compressor sheave drive belt tension as follows:
(1) Refer to Figure 4-89 and loosen screw (3) and remove clamp (4) and fitler assembly (5).
(2) Remove two capscrews (6), washers (7) and Iockwashers (8) and remove belt guard (9).
(3) Remove the straightedge (7, Figure 4-97) from the belt guard of the high pressure pump.
(4) Refer to Figure 4-91 and place the straightedge (1) between sheaves (2 and 3) as shown.
Change 2 4-285