a. Replace defective lamp.
b. Replace defective battery.
c. Replace any broken or damaged accessories (para. 2-6).
a. Install a new lamp as follows:
(1) Install the lamp (21, Figure 4-106, sheet 2) by pushing the lamp (21) straight into the barrel (22). Tighten two
(2) Connect the wires (18 and 19) to terminals (16 and 17) and tighten terminal screws.
b. Install a new battery as follows:
(1) Install battery (13, Figure 4-106, sheet 1) and bracket (12) and secure with two capscrews (9), nuts (10) and
Make certain to connect red battery wire to (-) terminal on battery and black battery
wire to (+) terminal on battery. Failure to connect terminals properly will damage
battery and other components of the meter.
(2) Connect the red wire (8) to the (-) terminal on the battery (13).
(3) Connect the black wire (7) to the (+) terminal on the battery (13).
(4) Position the assembled instrument (14) on the right side of the case (6), carefully lower the assembled
instrument into the case (6) and slide the assembled instrumental (14) all the way to the left as it is shown in Figure
Secure the assembled instrument (14) to the case with five capscrews (5).
Remove the accessories (3) from the foam holder (4).
Install the foam holder (4) in the case (6) and install the accessories (3) in the foam holder (6).
Close the cover of the case (6) and close latch (2).
Whenever the lamp (21, Figure 4-106, sheet 2) is replaced the portable turbidity meter should be adjusted as
described in para. 4-6c.