(3) Insert pin removal tool through the front of connector (4) and push all contacts (5), while still attached to their
respective wires, out of connector (4).
(4) Remove connector backshell (3), on 90° connectors, remove insulator (6).
(5) Install heat shrink boot (1) on cable (2) as shown.
(6) Place connector backshell (3) on cable, install insulator (6) on 90° connectors.
(7) If any contacts (5) have been removed, crimp replacement contacts on wires.
Installation of contacts in wrong connector sockets will result in malfunctions or
damage to equipment. Be sure contacts are reinstalled in correct locations.
(8) Using insertion tool, install all contacts (5) in connector (4), being sure the contacts are returned to their original
(9) Attach connector (4) onto connector backshell (3).
(10) Slide heat shrink boot (1) over the end of connector backshell (3).
(11) Using heat gun, shrink heat shrink boot (1) over the end of connector backshell (3) and onto the cable.
(12) Apply adhesive at the cable end of the heat shrink boot.
(13) Check for continuity.