2-18. ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION. This task covers:
Tools, see TM 104610-232-12, Appx B,
Sec Ill, Ref Code (No.)
ROWPU shutdown. Generator shutdown.
Tool Kit, General Mechanics Automotive (1)
Auxiliary power input disconnected.
Tape, Electrical (Appx B, Sec II, Item 68)
General Safety Instructions:
Ties, Wire (Appx B, Sec II, Item 71)
Lockwashers (TM 104610-232-24P)
Observe specific Warnings in the text.
Washers (TM 10-4610-232-24P)
Gaskets (TM 10-4610-232-24P)
Make sure electrical power is disconnected before working on equipment. Failure to
do so could result in serious injury or death from electrical shock.
Do not wear watches, rings or dog tags when working on electrical cables or
The cables of the electrical assembly are illustrated in Figure 2-20. Note that some
cables are shown in phantom. The cables shown in phantom are repairable at unit
maintenance. Those cables shown in heavy unbroken lines are repairable at direct
a. Refer to Figure 2-20, sheet 1 and remove cable (W1) as follows:
(1) Tag and disconnect power leads (W1) from generator.
(2) Tag and disconnect cable at the main control panel (para. 2-21).
(3) Refer to Figure 2-20, sheet 1, View A. Remove elbow from the cable by unscrewing nut (1), sliding rubber seal
(2) down on the cable and sliding elbow (3) and sealing ring (4) off the cable.
(4) Refer to View B. From outside the ROWPU, unscrew nut (1) and slide rubber seal (2) back on the cable. Then,
from inside the ROWPU, unscrew conduit nut (3) and pull cable (W1) out through the ROWPU exterior wall. Remove
straight fitting (4) and sealing ring (5) from cable.
b. Refer to Figure 2-20, sheet 1 and remove cables (W38 and W39) as follows:
(1) Tag and disconnect the cable or cables to be removed at the main control panel (para. 2-21).
(2) Cut tie wraps which secure the cable to the ROWPU.
(3) Refer to View C and remove the cable from cable clamps as follows:
(a) Remove screw (1), washer (2), nut (3), Iockwasher (4) and washer (5).
(b) Slide clamp (6) out of channel (7) and remove clamp (6) from the cable.