When installing block valve, make sure arrow is pointing down.
a. Install nipple (22) and block valve (3) on solenoid valve (21).
b. Install fitting (15) on solenoid.
c. Reassemble back of solenoid valve (21).
(1) Assemble seat screw (38) and spacer (39) into valve body (40). Tighten screw to secure.
(2) Screw stem stop (34) with stem (35) and stem spring (36) and install into detent plunger. Tighten screw to
(3) Install spring (33) on detent plunger (37). Install preformed packing (32) and plunger into valve body.
(4) Screw cylinder cap (31 ) into valve body (40). Tighten to secure.
d. Reassemble front of valve
(1) Install preformed packing (30) and lower end plate (29) on cylinder cap (31).
(2) Install heat shrink tubing on coil wires as described in para. 2-7
When installing coil cover on cylinder cap, ensure that coil wires are aligned with air
(3) Install coil (28) and preformed packing (27) into coil cover (26). Install onto cylinder cap (31 ).
(4) Install preformed packing (25) and identification plate (24) with screw (23) into cylinder cap (31). Tighten screw
(5) Install sealing washer (21 D), adapter body (21 C), bushing (21 B) and nut (21A) onto solenoid valve (21).
(6) Install cable connector as described in para. 2-7.
Install solenoid valve (21) and secure with U-clamp (20), flatwashers (19), Iockwasher (18) and nut (17).
Connect cable P28 (16) to main harness J28.
Install OUT line (14) to fitting (15).
Install IN line (11) to elbows (12) and (13) and secure with tubing nuts.
Place panel (4) into position by sliding it under edge of storage box (10).
(1) Install and secure screws (9).
(2) Insert fasteners (7) into tie down brackets (8) and insert into position
(3) Secure by installing washers (6) and nuts (5). Tighten securely.
f. Close air filter blowdown valve (2) and solenoid block valve (3).
g. Turn compressor to ON.
h. Open air tank valve (1).
i. Check for air leaks. Tighten fittings if necessary using soapy water.
j. Check for leaks through the solenoid valve when it IS closed.
2-182 Change 1