2-53. 24 VDC POWER SUPPLY. This task covers:
Tools, see TM 10-4610-232-12, Appx B.
Sec Ill, Ref Code (No.):
Tool Kit, General Mechanics Automotive (1)
Socket Head Wrench (4)
Stripper. Wire (16)
Electrical Connector Repair Kit (16)
Crimper. Hand Terminal (16)
Markers, Wire (Appx B, Sec II. Item 54)
Tape, Electrical (Appx B, Sec II. Item 68)
Terminals, Ring (Appx B, Sec II, Item 70)
Ties, Wire/Tubing (Appx B, Sec II, Item 71)
Personnel Required: 2
ROWPU shutdown. Power turned off. Cable
disconnected at CO monitor (para. 2-56).
Make sure electrical power is disconnected before working on unit. Failure to do so
could result in injury or death.
a. Disconnect cables (1, 2, 3 and 4, Figure 2-58) and cut tie wraps.
b. Cut tie wraps (6) and remove cable as follows:
(1) Loosen four captive screws (13) and remove cover (14).
(2) Loosen nut (21) and slide it down cable (5).
(3) Tag and disconnect the wires from cable (5) going to terminal board (33). Loosen screws in the front of the
terminal board to allow wires to be disconnected from the terminal board.
(4) Remove conduit nut (24).
(5) Pull cable (5) out of power supply (10) and remove sealing washer (26) and elbow (25). Slide bushing (23).
retainer (22) and nut (21) off cable (5).
The power supply is heavy. Two people are required to lift it.
c. Remove four capscrews (7), lockwashers (8) and washers (9) and remove power supply (10).
d. If necessary, remove two socket head screws (11) and mounting bar (12).
Only one set of cable connectors is shown for cables. All connectors are the same
and all removal procedures are the same.
a. Remove cables (1, 2, 3 and 4) as follows:
(1) Loosen nut (15) and slide it down on the cable being removed.
(2) Tag and disconnect the wires removed from terminal board (33).
(3) Remove conduit nut (18).
(4) Pull the cablebeing removed out of power supply (10) and removeconnector body (19) and sealing washer (20).
Slide bushing (17). retainer (16) and nut (15) off the cable being removed.