(5) Now apply primer to the pipe surface (22A and 22B) equal to the depth of the fitting socket, Make sure surface
begins to dissolve.
(6) Again, apply primer to the elbow socket (22 C), to be sure it is still damp.
l Complete steps (7) through (10) on one joint at a time.
Apply glue to pipe and fitting and insert into the fitting in less than
(7) Using a clean bristle brush,
surface of the pipe (22A or 22 B).
about 1/2 the size of pipe diameter, apply a heavy coat of glue to the male end
Use straight outward strokes to keep excess glue out of the socket.
(8) Next, apply a liberal coat of glue to the inside of the elbow socket (22C).
(9) While the glue is still wet on both surfaces, insert pipe (22A or 22B) into elbow socket (22C) with a 1/4 turn
Refer to Figure 2-65 for proper alignment.
(10) Hold joint together for approximately 30 seconds until both surfaces are firmly gripped. Allow proper cure
time before disturbing joints. (Refer to Table 2-5.)
Figure 2-65.1. Chamfering of Pipe End
Table 2-5. Cure Time
Change 1 2-202