(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see reference paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List Section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment . When density of equipments
supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a
given figure in both Section II and Section III.
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a repair
part of the next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A "V" appearing in this column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may
vary from application to application.
4. EXPLANATION OF COWMNS (Section IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column . This column lists the NSN in national item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. Use the complete NSN (1 3
digits) when requisitioning items by stock number.
(2) FIG. Column . This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM Column . The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX . Part numbers in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence
(i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combinations which place the first letter or digit of each group in
order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9, and each following letter or digit in like order).