TO 40W4- 13-22
2-29. GATE VALVES AND FITTINGS MAINTENANCE.
This task consists of:
Rags, wiping (Appendix C, Section II, Item 23)
Packing-GATE 148-9 1-1/2 in
ROWPU shutdown (TM 10-4610-240-10).
Power shutdown (power source manual).
The following procedures describe typical gate valves and fittings used with the ROWPU These
components are supplied as accessory items and their use and location may vary depending on
Disconnect defective gate valves and fittings from ROWPU, distribution pump, backwash pump and raw water pumps as
required (TM 10-4610-240-10).
Remove nut (1), washer (2), and hand wheel (3) from stem (7).
Remove packing nut (4), gland (5), and packing (6).
(1) Wash all components with clean water and detergent.
(2) Rinse components in clean water and dry with wiping rag.
(1) Inspect stem (7) and body (8) for damaged threads.
(2) Inspect body (8) for cracks and corrosion.
(1) Replace packing (6).
(2) If body (8) or stem (7) is cracked, corroded, or damaged, replace gate valve.