2-29. GATE VALVES AND FITTINGS MAINTENANCE - continued.
Repair of fittings/adapters is limited to replacement of gaskets.
(1) Remove gasket (10) from quick disconnect adapter (9).
(2) Remove gasket (12) from straight adapter (11).
(3) Remove gasket (14) from swivel adapter (13).
(1) Wash all components with clean water and detergent.
(2) Rinse components in clean water and dry with wiping rag.
Inspect adapters (9, 11, and 13) for cracks, damaged threads and corrosion.
(1) Replace defective adapters.
(2) Replace all gaskets.
(1) Install gasket (14) in swivel adapter (13).
(2) Install gasket (12) in straight adapter (11).
(3) Install gasket (10) in quick disconnect adapter (9).
a. Connect gate valves and fittings/adapters to ROWPU, distribution pump, backwash pump and raw water pumps as
required (TM 10-4610-240-10).
b. Operate ROWPU and check for leaks (TM 10-4610-240-10).