R.O. PRESSURE TUBES MAINTENANCE (MODEL WPES-1) - continued.
(3) Inspect end plug (33), permeate port (37), and concentrate port (29) for wear, correct fit, and serviceability.
(4) Inspect R O pressure tube (6) and studs for damage.
Replace damaged or defective components Replace all O-rings.
There are two end plate assemblies on each of four R O. pressure tubes Procedure for both
end plates and all tubes is the same One end plate is shown, the others are similar.
Coat o-rings and o-ring paths with a thin layer of silicone grease to reduce friction during
(1) Install filter elements in R O pressure tubes (TM 10461-240(10).
(2) Position concentrate port (29), in end plate (30) and install retaining ring (31).
(3) Install adapter (35) and o-ring (36) on permeate port (37).
(4) Install two o-rings (32 and 34) in end plug (33).
The two o-rings (38 and 40) that fit in the end connector have different outside diameters Feel inside
end connector (39) to find the large and small inside-diameter ends. Install large o-ring in large end
of end connector Install small o-ring in small end of end connector.
(5) Install two o-rings (38) and (40) in end connector (39).
Small inside-diameter end of end connector (39) goes on permeate port (37)
(6) Position end connector (39) on permeate port (37), then position permeate port on end plug (33).
(7) Position end plug (33) on end plate (30) Install two cap screws (41).
(8) Install retaining ring (44) on permeate port (37).
(9) Position end plate (30) with end plug (33) on studs of pressure tube (6) Aline marks made on end plate and
pressure tube during assembly.