R.O. PRESSURE TUBES MAINTENANCE (MODELS WPES-2 AND WPES-3) - continued.
(3) Remove pipe sections (15) from R O pressure tubes (17).
c. At other end of R O. pressure tube (17), remove two nuts (7) and screws (1), clamp halves (2), and gasket (3)
from pipe section (4)
There are four R.O. pressure tubes. All are removed the same. One is shown, the others are similar
d. Remove two nuts (24), lockwashers (23), and flat washers (22) from two brackets (18).
e. Remove two nuts (21), lockwashers (20), and screws (19) from brackets (18).
f. Remove two brackets (18), one from each end of R.O pressure tube (17).
The R.O pressure tube is heavy To prevent injury to personnel and damage to equipment, two people
are needed to remove pressure tubes.
g. Remove R.O. pressure tube (17) from frame (25)
h. Remove two supports (26) from frame (25).
There are two end plate assemblies on each R O. pressure tube. Procedures for both end plates
and all tubes is the same.
Mark end plate and pressure tube to aid assembly
If required, remove paint from concentrate port and permeate port
(1) Remove ten nuts (43) and flat washers (42) from studs on pressure tube (17).
(2) Screw four end cap puller bolts (from storage box) into threaded holes in end plate (30). Turn puller bolts
alternately until end plate is separated from pressure tube. Slowly separate end plate from pressure tube
(3) Remove retaining ring (44) from permeate port (37).
(4) Remove two cap screws (41) and end plug (33), from end plate (30).
(5) Remove permeate port (37), and end connector (39).