2-89. FLATBED CARGO TRAILER MAINTENANCE (MODEL WPES-1) - continued.
REPLACE CHAIN ASSEMBLY
There are two chain assemblies on the flatbed cargo trailer. Both
are removed and installed the same One is shown, the other is
(1) Using 1-1/8 inch wrench, remove nut (12), screw (10), and latch (11) from frame (5)
(2) Separate chain (13) from latch (11)
(3) If required, place chain link (21) in vice and separate chain link halves using hammer and chisel.
(1) If removed, position chain link halves (21) on chain (13) Clamp chain link halves in vice and hammer rivet
tabs flush with face of link. Make sure link halves are securely fastened together.
(2) Position chain (13) on latch (11).
(3) Using 1-1/8 inch wrench, install latch (11), screw (10), and nut (12) on frame (5).