TO 40W4- 13-22
2-93. LIGHT ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE (MODEL WPES-1)- continued.
There are two composite lights on the flatbed cargo trailer. Both
are repaired the same. One is shown, the other is similar.
(1) Loosen six captive screws (13) and remove door (11) and preformed packing (14).
There are two types of bulbs in composite light. Note bulb type
as you remove bulb from each socket.
(2) Remove four bulbs (10).
(1) Using clean water and detergent, wash door (11), body (15), and three lenses (12).
(2) Rinse parts in clean water and dry with wiping rag.
(1) Inspect door (11) for cracked, broken, or leaking lenses (12), cracked or bent door and damaged heads or
threads on screws (13).
(2) Inspect body (15) for cracks or broken lamp sockets or burnt, brittle, or cut wiring (17).
(3) Inspect bulbs (10) for cracks or loose or deformed bases.
(4) Inspect preformed packing (14) for nicks, cuts, or brittleness.
(5) Inspect lamp sockets (16) for corrosion.
(1) Replace defective components.
(2) Using sandpaper, remove corrosion from lamp sockets as required
(1) Install four bulbs (10) in lamp sockets (16) as noted during disassembly.
(2) Position preformed packing (14) and door (11) on body (15) and tighten six captive screws (13)