FRAME (TRAILER) MAINTENANCE (MODEL WPES-l) - continued.
Insertion tool must be straight and not allowed to wobble when installing insert.
Equipment can be damaged.
Do not force insert into tapped hole. Threads will be damaged.
(19) Put tip of insertion tool (8) against tapped hole being sure that insertion tool is straight.
(20) Slowly turn handle of insertion tool right until stop collar (15) contacts body of insertion tool.
(21) Turn handle of insertion tool 98) to the left until insertion tool can be removed.
(22) Place tang breakoff tool 916) in tapped hole with installed insert.
(23) Push down end of breakoff tool 916) until (10) breaks off of insert.
For welding procedures, refer to TM 9-237