12-41. NEEDLE VALVE (PRODUCT WATER REGULATING) REPLACE.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section III, Item 4)
Pipe Wrench (Appendix B, Section III, Item 3)
Vise (Appendix B, Section III, Item 3)
Tape, Anti-seize (Appendix C, Section II, Item 19)
Grease, Silicone (Appendix C, Section II, Item 10)
Lockwashers and Gaskets (TM 10-4610-241-24P)
Power shut down (Power Source Manual).
ROWPU Piping drained (TM 10-4610-241-10).
General Safety Instructions
ROWPU piping and equipment can contain extremely high pressure during and after
operation. If this pressure is not relieved before performing maintenance, serious injury
or death may result. Be sure to open all drains and vents before performing
(1) Using punch, remove roll pin (1) and valve handle (2) from needle valve (17).
(2) Remove two nuts (3), bolts (4) and clamp halves (5). Slide gasket (13) onto adapter (15).
(3) Remove two nuts (6), bolts (7) and clamp halves (8). Slide gasket (14) onto adapter (16).
(4) Remove two screws (9), lockwashers (10), flat washers (11), bar (12) and needle valve (17) from control
(5) Remove gaskets (13 and 14).
(6) Place needle valve (17) in vise and remove two adapters (15 and 16).
(7) As required, remove two screws (18), lockwashers (19) and restraint block (20)
(1) If removed, position restraint block (20) on back of control panel (21) and secure with two lockwashers (19)
and screws (18).