2-45. 3-WAY BALL VALVE (BACKWASH) REPAIR (Models WPES-10, WPES-20 and WPES-30).
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section III, Item 4)
Vise (Appendix B, Section III, Item 3)
Pipewrench (Appendix B, Section III, Item 3)
Tape, Anti-seize (Appendix C, Section II, Item 19)
Detergent (Appendix C, Section II, Item 5)
Rags, Wiping (Appendix C, Item 14)
Lo&washers (TM 10-4610-241 -24P)
Gaskets and Packing (TM 10-4610-241-24P)
Power shut down (Power Source Manual).
ROWPU Piping drained (TM 10-4610-241 -10).
General Safety Instructions
ROWPU piping and equipment can contain extremely high pressure during and after
operation. If this pressure is not relieved before performing maintenance, serious injury
or death may result. Be sure to open all drains and vents before performing maintenance.
(1) Remove nut (1), lockwasher (2) and handle (3) from 3-way valve (25). Reinstall nut and lo&washer on valve.
(2) Remove two nuts (4), bolts (5) and clamp halves (6). Slide gasket (14) onto elbow (17).
(3) Remove two nuts (7), bolts (8) and clamp halves (9). Slide gasket (13) onto adapter (20).
(4) Remove two nuts (10), bolts ( 11) and clamp halves (12). Slide gasket ( 15) onto adapter (19).
(5) Loosen four setscrews ( 16).
(6) Remove 3-way valve (25) and attached parts from back of control panel and remove gaskets (13, 14 and 15)
from elbow ( 17) and adapters (19 and 20).
2-184 Change 1