CENTRIFUGAL PUMP (BOOSTER) REPLACE.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section III, Item 4)
Tape, Electrical (Appendix C, Section II, Item 20)
Twine (Appendix C, Section II, Item 27)
Grease, Silicone (Appendix C, Section II, Item 10)
Gaskets (TM 10-4610-241-24P)
Power shut down (Power Source Manual).
ROWPU Piping drained (TM 10-4610-241-10).
General Safety Instructions
Lifting heavy/difficult to handle equipment incorrectly can cause serious injury. Pump
weighs approximately 50 lbs.
(1) Remove two nuts (1) bolts (2) and two clamp halves (3). Slide gasket (28) onto pipe (30).
(2) Remove two nuts (4), bolts (5) and two clamp halves (6). Slide gasket (27) onto pipe (29).
(3) Remove four bolts (7) and lockwashers (8), securing booster pump assembly (26) and spacer plate (31) to
floor of ROWPU.
Booster pump assembly is heavy/difficult to handle.
(4) Position booster pump assembly (26) to obtain access to conduit box (34).
(5) Remove four screws (9), cover (10), and gasket (11).
Disassembly of wire set, containing only the smaller diameter motor
wires, is not necessary if only the pump is being replaced.
(6) Pull three wire sets (12), containing large diameter cable wires, from conduit box (34).