LIQUID HEADS (CHEMICAL FEED PUMP) REPAIR.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section III, Item 4)
Detergent (Appendix C, Section II, Item 10)
Rags, Wiping (Appendix C, Section II, Item 23)
Tape, Anti-seize (Appendix C, Section II, Item 30)
Seals, Packing and Lockwashers (TM 10-4610-241-24P)
Power shut down (Power Source Manual).
Chemical Cans and Frame removed (TM 10-4610-241-10).
Liquid head can be repaired without removing chemical feed pump
Removal of one liquid head is covered. The other heads are
removed in similar manner.
(1) Loosen clamp (2) and disconnect flexible hose (1) from liquid head (7).
(2) Loosen clamp (4) and disconnect flexible hose (3) from liquid head (7).
(3) Remove four screws (5) and washers (6) and separate liquid head (7) from chemical feed pump (12).
(4) Unscrew diaphragm (8) and diaphragm adapter (9).
Marking position of adapter plate in relation to pump will facilitate installation. Be sure to
transcribe markings to replacement parts before discarding or turning them in to Supply.
(5) Scribe a line across junction of pump (12) and adapter plate (11) and remove eight screws (10) and adapter plate
(11) from chemical feed pump (12).