MOTOR (CHEMICAL FEED PUMP) REPLACE.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section III, Item 4)
Lockwashers (TM 10-4610-241-24P)
Power shut down (Power Source Manual)
Chemical Feed Pump removed (Paragraph 2-60)
Marking position of motor in relation to pump will facilitate installation. Be sure to
transcribe markings to replacement parts before discarding defective parts or turning
them in to Supply.
(1) Scribe a line across junction of motor drive housing (6) and motor (3) and remove four motor mounting bolts
(1) and lockwashers (2).
(2) Remove motor (3) from motor drive housing (6).
(3) Remove coupling spider (4).
As required, aline setscrew (5) on coupling (7) with access hole in motor drive housing (6). Loosen setscrew
and remove coupling from pump shaft.
(5) Measure distance between motor (3) and inner face of coupling (9) and record. This
measurement will facilitate installation of replacement motor.
(6) Loosen setscrew (8) on coupling (9) and remove coupling from shaft of motor (3).
(1) If removed, position coupling (7) on shaft of pump, inside motor drive housing (6), and aline setscrew (5)
with access hole in drive housing (6).
(2) Push coupling (7) all the way down on pump shaft and tighten setscrew (5).
(3) Install coupling (9) on shaft of motor (3) at a distance from motor which is equal to distance measured in
removing motor. Secure with setscrew (8).
(4) Position coupling spider (4) on coupling (7) in motor drive housing (6).