CARTRIDGE FILTER REPAIR.
This task consists of:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B, Section III, Item 4)
Chain Hoist (Appendix B, Section III, Item 3)
Pipewrench (Appendix B, Section III, Item 3)
Tape, Anti-seize (Appendix C, Section II, Item 19)
Grease, Silicone (Appendix C, Section II, Item 10)
Lockwashers and Gaskets (TM 10-4610-241-24P)
Power shut down (Power Source Manual).
ROWPU Piping drained (TM 10-4610-241-10).
Cover Plate and Filter Elements removed (TM 10-4610-241-10).
Canvass Cover unzipped (TM 10-4610-241-10).
General Safety Instructions
Lifting heavy/difficult to handle equipment incorrectly can cause serious injury.
(1) Loosen clamp (2) and disconnect hose (1) from nipple (3). As required, remove clamp from hose. Unscrew
nipple from elbow (4) and remove.
(2) Reach into round cutout on filter and unscrew and remove elbow (4) and nipple (5).
(3) Loosen clamp (6) and disconnect hose (7) from nipple (8). As required, remove clamp from hose. Unscrew
nipple from elbow (9) and remove.
(4) Unscrew and remove elbow (9) from nipple (10) and nipple from shell (41).
(5) Remove two nuts (11), screws (12) and clamp halves (13). Slide gasket (15) onto adapter (14).
(6) Remove adapter (14) from filter shell (41) and remove gasket (15) from adapter.
(7) Remove nut (16), screw (17) and eyebolt (18). Repeat for each eyebolt to be removed.