3-41. HOUSING AND DRIVE ASSEMBLY (CHEMICAL FEED PUMP) REPAIR
(8) Remove screws (13) and lockwashers (14) from pillow block (18).
Setscrews (17 and 21) are located on inner race of pillow block bearing.
Do not loosen setscrews on top of pillow block. These screws secure
bearing to pillow block, a nonreparable item.
Loosen setscrew (17) and slide pillow block (18) off shaft (28)
Loosen two setscrews (19) and slide cam (20) from shaft (28).
Lift cam shaft (28) from housing (29).
Using drift pin or press, remove pins (23) and slide cams (24 and 25) from shaft (28).
Using drift punch or press, remove pin (26) and slide worm gear (27) from shaft (28).
Loosen setscrew (21) and remove shaft (28) from pillow block (22).
Drycleaning solvent, P-D-680, C1 II, is highly toxic and can ignite
organic materials, nitrates, carbides, and chlorates. Wear eye, skin,
and respiratory protection. Use in a well-ventilated area.
Using a soft-bristled brush and drycleaning solvent, clean all components of housing and drive assembly and wipe with
(1) Inspect threaded components for stripped and damaged threads.
(2) Inspect housing (29) for cracks, corrosion, and stripped threads.
(3) Inspect bearings (5,11,and 9) for cracks, freedom of movement and wear.
(4) Inspect cams (16, 24,25 and 20) for deep scratches, nicks, and corrosion.
(5) Inspect worm gears (7 and 27) for cracked, damaged or missing teeth.
(6) Inspect for bent or cracked camshaft (28).
(7) Inspect bearings in pillow blocks (18 and 22) for cracks, freedom of movement and wear.
(8) Inspect input shaft (12) for cracks.