2-12. PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT.
Hypochlorite solution is corrosive and sedimentary Do not leave solution sediment in reservoir
To prepare hypochlorination unit for storage or shipment, perform following
Hypochlorite is caustic and can cause severe chemical burns. To avoid injury
Wear required protective clothing any time you are handling calcium hypochlorite
If hypochlorite solution comes in contact with skin or eyes, flush immediately with large
amounts of water, and seek medical attention
If hypochlorite solution spills on equipment, rinse with large amounts of water
(1) Remove plastic tubing and foot valve (1) from chemical reservoir (2) Lift
reservoir and dispose of contents in accordance with FM 10-52-1 Replace reservoir.
(2) Flush reservoir (2) with water and then refill with water Replace plastic tubing with foot valve (1) into
(3) Set chemical adjusting knob (3) to 10 and allow water to flow through mainline for five minutes in order to
flush out chemical suction and discharge lines and clean out all hypochlorite solution. After five minutes,
remove foot valve (1) from reservoir (2), and allow unit to continue to pump to expel all water out of pumphead
Shut outlet ball valve (4) after it discharges water out of waste line (5).
(4) Remove reservoir (2) and dump contents to waste. Replace reservoir. Replace plastic tubing with foot
valve (1) into reservoir. Replace lid on reservoir and strap down with Velcro straps (6).
(5) Open camlocks (7) and remove inlet and outlet lines, and open outlet ball valve (4) Place range adjusting
valve (8) in position "A" Open drain valve (9) on proportioning pump (10), and drain pump With drain valve
open, tip unit as necessary to drain all water.
(6) Remove vent screws (11 and 12) and drain screw (13) from proportioning pump (10). Allow water to drain
from proportioning pump (approx. 10 min) Replace vent screws and drain screw.