2-14. NBC DECONTAMINATION PROCEDURES.
Wear protective gear when performing emergency decontamination Failure to do so may lead to
General. The following emergency procedures can be performed until field NBC decontamination facilities are
available. Detailed decontamination procedures can be found in FM 3-3, FM 3-4, and FM 3-5.
Interim Decontamination Procedures.
(1) Continue operation of hypochlorination unit.
(2) Mark unit as externally contaminated for later decontamination.
(3) Keep lid on reservoir to prevent contamination of hypochlorite solution.
(4) Do not open camlocks or expose interior of unit to environment.
(5) If interior is exposed to environment, mark unit as contaminated internally
(6) Emergency Hasty Decontamination: Mix a solution of 6 gallons treated water and approximately 5.5
pounds of calcium hypochlorite. Pour this solution over hypochlorination unit, thoroughly dousing all surfaces.