MAINTENANCE OF MANIFOLD ASSEMBLY
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
Manifold assembly removed (para. 4.18.).
(Item 1, App. B)
Pipe Fittings (TM 10-4610-246-23P)
Gaskets (TM 10-4610-246-23P)
Adhesive (Item 9, App. E)
Anti-Seize Tape (Item 8, App. E)
Cleaner/Primer (Item 12, App. E)
(1) Remove hex nuts (1, Figure 5-2), lockwashers (2), flat washers (3), and bolts (4), securing flanges (5) together.
(2) Separate flanges (5) and remove gaskets (6), orifice plate (7), and bracket (8).
(3) Remove quick disconnect coupling (9) from nipple (10).
(4) Remove quick disconnect coupling (11) from nipple (12).
(1) Inspect nipples for damaged threads. Replace all slip fit components if damaged.
(2) Inspect orifice plate for damage. Replace if necessary.
If one pipe fitting is defective any attached fittings will also have to be replaced.
Repair is accomplished by replacement of defective parts.
Apply cleaner/primer (Item 12, App. E) to pipe fittings before applying adhesive.