TM 09241 B-12&P
(2) If an air bubble is in electrode (2) tip, shake as you would a clinical thermometer to remove.
(3) Press power keypad (3) to turn meter on.
(4) Press measure keypad (4).
(5) Rinse electrode (2) and probe (5) tip with sample of water being tested. Discard sample.
(6) Immerse electrode (2) and probe (5) into new sample of water being tested. Gently stir electrode and probe in
sample and read pH and temperature direct from display when hold prompt is displayed. Press measure keypad
(4) for additional readings.
(7) Press power keypad (3) to turn meter off and remove electrode (2) and probe (5) from sample. Rinse each with
demineralized or distilled water.
(8) If storage/soaker bottle (1) is not full, top off with prepared standard pH buffer solution 4.00. Slide storage/soaker
bottle onto electrode (2) and tighten cap. Be sure electrode tip is immersed in buffer solution.
(9) Disconnect electrode (2) and probe (5) from connectors (6) and (7).
(10)Discard water sample and solutions. Thoroughly rinse all collection bottles and equipment with demineralized or
(11)If meter is to be stored for an extended period, disconnect AC to DC adapter (8) or remove battery cover (9),
disconnect battery (10), and attach battery cover as appropriate.
Replace any supplies used during testing.
Carefully pack all equipment and supplies into case. Close and latch the case.
2-12. OPERATION OF COLOR COMPARATOR.
Open case and carefully remove equipment and supplies as needed. Note location for repacking.
The color comparator does not require any adjustment or testing prior to use.
Unlatch and open carrying case (1) cover. Remove comparator housing (2) and eyepiece (3). Fit eyepiece
onto housing. See figure 2-14.
(1) Perform the pH test.
Remove color disk (4) (pH) and insert into housing (2). Numbers must be visible through indicator window (5).
Rinse two comparator cells (6) and (7) three times with water being tested.
Fill two comparator cells (6) and (7) as indicated up to mark 0.51 oz (15ml) with water to be tested and insert
into housing (2).
(d) Fill the dropper (8) of the wide range indicator solution (9) to mark 0.169 oz (0.50ml) with solution.
(e) Add the wide range indicator solution from the dropper (8) to the comparator cell (7) on the left. Use sufficient force
to mix solution.