This task consists of:
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
Socket Set, Metric
Varnish (item 1, Appendix E)
Cleaning Solvent (item 3, Appendix E)
Engine shutdown and cool.
Fuel pump belt removed.
(1) Remove two bolts (5), two lockwashers (6), and two washers
(2) Remove bracket (8) from fan housing (l).
(3) Remove nut (2), bolt (9), washer (3), and disconnect spring
The cleaning solvent used emits strong vapors
illness or fire, use in a well-ventilated area and
NOT breathe vapors for a prolonged time.
(1) Wash all parts of belt tensioner in
and is flammable.
away from open flames. DO
cleaning solvent (item 3,
Appendix E) using a varnish brush (item-l, Appendix E).
(2) Allow to dry.
(1) Repair of the fuel pump tensioner shall consist of replacement
of missing or damaged components.
Damage is defined as the