4-23. WATER OUTLET.
This task consists of:
On-Board Tool Kit
Varnish (item 1, Appendix E)
Cleaning Solvent (item 3, Appendix E)
Sealing Compound (item 8, Appendix E)
Gasket (P/N 9000-0268)
Engine shutdown and cool.
Disassemble only to the extent necessary to replace defective parts.
(1) Disconnect manometer sensing port (2) by unscrewing large hex
nut from tee (5).
(2) Disconnect thermometer sensing bulb (9) by unscrewing threaded.
sleeve from tee (5).
(3) To disconnect thermostat switches (8 and 10) from control panel.
terminal strip, refer to page 4-35.
The high temperature ther-
mostat wires are removed by disconnecting one red wire with
white band from No. 12 contact on terminal strip and the other
red wire with white band from No. 1 position on thermostat
The low temperature thermostat wires are re-
moved by disconnecting one red wire from No. 1 position on
thermostat selector switch and the other red wire from No. 2
position on the thermostat selector switch.
(4) Remove, thermostat switches (8 and 10).
(5) Loosen nut (3) and remove tee (5) from heat exchanger (4).
(6) Remove coupling (6) and gasket (7) from tee (5). Discard