(3) Place strainer (4) in the water source. Strainer should be po-
sitioned to prevent entry of foreign matter.
Do not allow strain-
er to rest on bottom of water source if silt, mud or small gravel
If water source is shallow, place strainer in a
canvas pail (Appendix D).
(4) If the natural water source is deep, attach an empty fuel can
(5) to the suction strainer with the chain provided so the
strainer is immersed approximately 12 inches below water.
Branch Hose Connection.
(1) Connect branch hose (2) to water outlet (1) by connecting
Be sure gaskets are properly seated.
(2) Position branch hose so that strainer cap (4) is resting on