If the outside temperature is below 60°F (16°C), it may be necessary to close
the engine choke.
If choking is required, press the choke lever (3) down.
Open the choke when the engine begins to run and then close it in short
bursts until the engine runs smoothly.
(1) On control panel, (see illustration next page) turn BURNER
FUEL VALVE and WATER PRESS REGULATOR controls fully
Set THERMOSTAT SELECTOR switch to OFF posi-
(2) Open engine throttle (1) to one-third open.
(3) If this is the first start of the day or if equipment has not
been operated for over an hour, prime carburetor by depres-
sing tickler (2) on the carburetor left side until fuel drips from
(4) Check that engine choke (3) is fully open.
(5) Pull starter handle (4) slowly until starter engages engine.
Then pull handle firmly and sharply approximately 1-1 /2 feet.
(6) Keep hold of handle, relaxing enough to let the starter spring
pull the handle back down.
(7) Repeat until
(8) When engine
lever (1) to
starts, increase speed by pushing down throttle
full open position.