(2) Connect suction hose to water inlet, and place suction hose strainer
in water source (page 2-14).
(3) Connect branch hose to water outlet (page 2-15).
(4) Connect pressure hoses to branch hose (page 2-16).
(5) Install engine fuel can (page 2-21).
(6) Install heater fuel can (page 2-22).
(7) Verify that heater fuel filter is free of water. If needed, drain
filter (page 4-42).
(8) Set FUNCTION SELECTOR switch to OFF.
(9) Turn BURNER FUEL VALVE fully clockwise.
If the equipment was flushed with antifreeze, the antifreeze must be
purged from the system before operation.
(10) Place ends of pressure hoses in 32-gal. container (Appendix D).
(11) Prime carburetor and start engine (page 2-25) .
(12) If engine is difficult to start or runs rough after initial start,
close the choke momentarily, then open again. Repeat the open-close
until the engine runs unaided. Choke must remain open during
normal operation. Do not over choke carburetor flooding may occur.
(13) Set throttle to about 2/3 MAX speed.
(14) Allow water to force out any antifreeze solution that is in the
pump/heater assembly into container.
Watch the color of the liquid
going into the container. when the liquid becomes clear, quickly
remove the pressure hoses from the container.
(15) By lifting throttle, decrease engine speed until water pump pulley
(16) Attach showers (page 2-17), spray wands (page 2-19) or injector
system (page 2-18) as required for your mission.
(17) set throttle to MAX.
(18) Check all pressure hoses and connections for leaks.
(19) Ignite burner.
Refer to page 2-28 for WANDS rode, page 2-28 for
INJECTOR mode or page 2-27 for SHOWER mode.