2-6. GASOLINE ENGINE AND FAN ASSEMBLY - Continued.
(1) Inspect all hardware for stripped threads. Discard if defec-
(2) Inspect all mounting brackets for cracks, dents, elongated
holes, rust, and corrosion.
Replace if defective.
(3) Inspect the exterior of the engine for dents, cracks, or missing
Repair if defective.
Position engine (9) on engine mount (10) and secure with four
washers (11) and four socket head screws (12). Install fan
assembly (25) (page 2-27) on engine.
Slide the engine (9) and engine mount (10) into position on
unit. Thread engine power leads through control module box.
Connect the yellow wire to terminal 6 and white wire with green
tracer to terminal 12 in front panel (5) (refer to page 2-61).
Carefully slide the front panel (5) into position and secure
with four lockwashers (8), four washers (7), and four screws
Install four socket head screws (13), ground strap (14), four
washers (15) and four nuts (16) to secure engine mount (10) to
Adjust engine mount bolt (13) to maintain clearance as
Install flange (20) into position and secure with four washers
(19), four lockwashers (18), and four screws (17).
Hold drain bracket (1) in position and secure with two washers
(2), four lockwashers (3), and four screws (4).
Hold inlet cover (24) into position and secure with four washers
(21), four lockwashers (23), and four bolts (22).
Clamp does not secure hose to muffler outlet - it positions flex hose on muffler
Hose should fit loosely on muffler outlet and rest on clamp.
(5) Position new gasket (31) on engine (9) exhaust port. Position
muffler (30) on engine (9).
Slide flex hose (29) over muffler
(30) and heat exchanger neck (32). Install two lockwashers
(26) and two nuts (27).
(10) Use clamp (28) to position flex hose on muffler outlet.