HEAT EXCHANGER - Continued.
Remove deposits from bottom of heat exchanger.
(1) Inspect the hardware for stripped threads. Discard if dam-
(2) Inspect the coil for stripped threads, cracks, holes, leaks,
kinks, dents, and corrosion. Replace if damaged.
(3) Inspect coil for burn through. Replace coil if damaged.
(4) Inspect the mantle for holes, dents, cracks, and burrs. Dis-
card if damaged.
(5) Inspect the heat shield for holes, cracks, and dents. Replace
(6) Inspect the outer cover and lid for holes, cracks, and dents.
Replace if damaged.
Repair of the heat exchanger is limited to the replacement of defec-
(1) Install washer (33) and bolt (32) to shield (31).
(2) Install shield (31) into casing (35).
(3) Install nut (34).
(4) Install coil (29) into mantle (30) and position slide (36) in
Install assembly into shield (3) making sure inlet and
outlet fittings line up with holes in shield.
(5) Install top (26).
(6) Install washer (25) and nut (24).
(7) Install band (27) and tighten screws (28).