2-15. FRAME - Continued.
Disassemble only to the extent required for repair.
(1) Remove nut (1), washer (2), bolt (5), washer (4), and handle
Repeat for other three handles.
(2) Release four quick-release fasteners (12) and remove panel
(3) Remove two bolts (14), two lockwashers (15), two washers
(16), and angle (17).
(4) Remove four nuts (8), four washers (7), four bolts (19), four
washers (6), and housing (18).
(5) Remove four bolts (11), four washers (10), and two (hard)
rear mounts (9).
(6) Remove four bolts (11), four washers (10), and two (soft)
front mounts (19).
The cleaning solvent used emits strong vapors and is flammable. To avoid
illness or fire, use in a well-ventilated area and away from open flames. DO
NOT breathe vapors for a prolonged time.
(1) Wash all parts of the frame (including frame) in cleaning sol-
vent (item 5, Appendix C) using a varnish brush (item 1, Ap-
(2) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect all hardware for stripped threads. Replace if defec-
(2) Inspect all parts of the frame for cracks, holes, elongated
mounting holes, broken tubes, and rust/corrosion.
Repair of the frame is limited to the following:
(1) Replacement of hardware.