5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a . W h e n N a t i o n a l S t o c k N u m b e r o r P a rt
Number is Unknown:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, deter-
mine the assembly group within which the item
belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are
prepared for functional groups and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
assembly group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the il-
lustration and note the illustration figure and item
number of the repair part.
(4) Fourth. Using the repair parts listing, find
the assembly group to which the repair part
belongs and locate the illustration figure and item
number noted on the illustration.
b . W h e n N a t i o n a l S t o c k N u m b e r o r P a rt
Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent na-
tional stock number or part number. This index is
in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part
numbers in alphameric sequence, cross-referenced
to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
number, locate the figure and item number in the
repair parts list.
A b b r e v i a t i o n s E x p l a n a t i on
H E X
H e ad
N u m b er