SECTION I. GENERAL
This manual is for use in operating and maintaining the water purification unit.
1-2. MAINTENANCE FORMS AND RECORDS.
Maintenance forms and records required for use are as follows:
a. DA Form 2404 (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet).
b. DA Form 2407 (Maintenance Request Used for Requesting Support Maintenance).
c. DA Form 2407-1 (Continuation Sheet Used for Requesting Support Maintenance).
d. For further information, refer to DA Pam 738-750, The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS).
1-3. ADMINISTRATIVE STORAGE.
a. Storage Site.
(1) Select best available site for administrative storage.
Separate stored equipment from equipment in use. Conspicuously mark the area "Administrative Storage".
(2) Covered space is preferred. When sufficient covered space for all items to be stored is not available,
priority shall be given items which are most susceptible to deterioration.
(3) Open sites shall be improved hardstand, if available. Unimproved sites shall be firm, well drained, and
kept free of excessive vegitation.
(4) Placement of equipment in administrative storage should be for short periods of time when shortage of
maintenance effort exists. Items should be in mission readiness within 24 hours or within time factors, as determined by
directing authority. During storage period, appropriate maintenance records will be kept.
(5) Before placing equipment in administrative storage, current maintenance services and equipment
serviceable criteria (ESC) evaluations should be completed, shortcomings and deficiencies should be corrected and all
modification work orders (MWOs) should be applied.
Change 3 1-1