1-9. REPORTING EQUIPMENT IMPROVEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS (EIR).
EIR's will be prepared on DA Form 2407, Maintenance Request. Instructions for preparing EIR's are provided in TM 38-
750, The Army Maintenance Management System. EIR's shall be mailed directly to Headquarters, U. S. Army Troop
Support and Aviation Materiel Readiness Command, ATTN: DRSTS-MTPS, 4300 Goodfellow Blvd. , St. Louis, MO
63120. A reply will be furnished directly to you.
SECTION II. DESCRIPTION AND DATA
The 3000 gallons per hour (gph) water purification unit is installed in a van type body, mounted on a 2 1/2-ton truck (fig.
1-1). Supporting equipment furnished with the set are depicted in SB 461097-CL-EOb. The primary purpose of the water
purification unit is to produce potable and palatable drinking water from fresh water sources, at the rate of 3000. gph.
The maintenance paragraphs (Chapters 2 through 4) of this manual contain detailed descriptions of the water purification
unit components which can be located on figures 1-2 and 1-3.
1-11. IDENTIFICATION AND INSTRUCTION PLATES.
(1) The transportation data plate (A, fig. 1-4), located on the right rear side of the van body, provides
information pertaining to transportation. It gives the overall length, width, and height in inches, shipping cubage in cubic
feet, shipping weight in pounds, and shipping tonnage.
(2) Identification plate (B) is located on the right rear side of the van body. It gives the nomenclature, stock
number, serial number, make, model number, contract number, date manufactured, length, width, height, shipping
weight, and cubic feet.
(3) The erdlator identification plate (C), located on the front of erdlator tank, specifies the manufacturer,
model number, serial number, part number, and capacity.
(4) The chemical slurry feeder identification plate (D), located on the front of the feeder, specifies the name
of the unit, the manufacturer, serial number, capacity, model number, and part number.
(5) The diatomite filter identification plate (E), located on front of the filter, specifies manufacturer, model
number, serial number and part number.