(3) Electrically ground truck chassis by driving a 30 inch long metal ground rod (31, fig. 2-6) into the earth near
vehicle and clear of the working personnel and equipment. Connect No. 6 bare copper cable of ground rod assembly to
ground clip, located at the right rear of the van body. The ground cable should not be over 6 feet (1.8 m) long.
Static electricity and leakage currents from electrical equipment build up in the trailer truck and van
body, and can cause injury or death to personnel by electric shock unless proper grounding is used.
Trailer Mounted Generator Set.
(1) Uncouple trailer from towing vehicle, lower and pin the front caster in a vertical position, and lock trailer
Position generator set (36, fig. 2-6) not more than 50 feet (15 m) from water purification unit (15). Level
the trailer to ensure proper operation of the generator set. Use blocking timbers at wheels to prevent settling and
movement of trailer.
(3) Roll the canvas end flaps up to permit ventilation for cooling the generator set. Lower the tailgate.
(4) Ground the generator set by driving a 30 inch long metal ground rod (35) into the earth and connecting a
No. 6 bare copper (able to ground rod and generator frame. The cable should be approximately 6 feet (1.8 m) long.
Signs conforming to requirements of AR385-30 will be erected in the area to provide notification of NOISE
HAZARD in accordance with TB MED-251. The signs should read:
NOISE HAZARD EQUIPMENT HEARING PROTECTION REQUIRED.
Unloading and Unpacking Equipment. Unload and unpack equipment in the same manner as instructed in
paragraphs 4-1 and 4-2.
Location and Erection of Storage Tanks.
Select a location as near to the water purification unit (15, fig. 2-6) as possible on the filter effluent side.
(2) Refer to the applicable technical manual for storage tank erection instructions and erect the tanks.