Section IV. OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
2-9. OPERATION IN UNUSUAL WEATHER.
a. Cold Weather.
(1) Operating the hypochlorination unit in temperatures below 320F(0OC) requires taking precautions.
Take advantage of existing shelter and windbreaks when locating equipment. Protect equipment
with tent shelter. Prevent water from freezing by using fuel, coal, or wood heater or other heating
(2) When equipment is shut down, drain all hoses, flow controller, and solution feed pump as soon as
possible. Open all valves and check equipment closely to assure complete drainage.
b. Dusty and Sandy Areas.
(1) Use existing shelter and windbreaks to keep sand and dirt from equipment during refill of reservoir
tank assembly. Keep cover on reservoir tank assembly.
(2) Check that water supply is protected to keep out sand and dirt.
(3) When equipment is not in use, install dust caps on 4-inch manifold.