CHAPTER 3 OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. Operating controls and indicators
3-1 Operating controls and Indicators. See Table 3-1.
Section II. Prestart procedures
3-2 Prestart procedures. Before starting EMS, do the following:
a. Check that batteries are secure, electrical cable fittings are tight and coated with anti-corrosion grease. Correct
b. Check major components (EMS components, battery charger, battery bank) for damage and loose fittings or
wires. Correct as necessary
c. Clean components as necessary Section III. Operating procedures
3-3 Startup procedures
a. Before pushing main switch ON in step b, do the following-
(1) Make sure 24 Vdc power panel circuit breakers 1P14 and 4P14 are closed (ON)
(2) On battery charger (Figure 34), set HIGH/FLOAT switch to FLOAT position for normal charging or HIGH position
for rapid recharging of batteries. Check that voltage is in appropriate range
Do not allow battery charger to remain on HIGH setting for more than 24 hours of operation.
b. Push main power switch ON (Figure 1-3).
c. If red POWER ON light on video monitor does not come on, turn video monitor on by using switch behind lower
d. If still no display on video monitor, main processor Is turned off Turn on main processor by opening main
processor door and use switch on edge of the door (Figure 3-2).
e. If these switches are on, and video monitor does not turn on, troubleshoot according to Table 4-1.
When turned on, allow EMS about 5 to 10 minutes before display pages appear on video monitor
g. Perform keyboard lamp test as follows:
Keyboard lamp test may be run anytime edit mode is not in use without affecting monitoring.
(1) Press EDIT key.
(2) Press keyboard key 6 (option KEYBOARD LAMP TEST)
(3) Make sure all keyboard keys except ACK key light and alarms activate. Replace any bad lamps according to
(4) Press EDIT key to complete test and initiate monitoring.