Check EMS internal temperature by following these procedures:
Optimum operating conditions require temperature Inside processor be maintained between 32
and 131 degrees F.
(1) Press EDIT key on keyboard. Video monitor displays a menu listing 6 options.
(2) Press keyboard key 4 (option SYSTEMS STATUS PAGE) and EMS internal temperature shows on video
(3) If temperature is not within acceptable range, shutdown EMS according to paragraph 3-9and take corrective
action to cool main processor. See Section IV, Operating under extreme conditions.
(4) Press EDIT key to return to normal monitoring function.
(5) Check temperature inside main processor anytime temperature in ROWPU space indicates possible damage to
3-4 Normal operating procedures
When EMS starts operating, each of eight display pages shows on video
monitor for about 9 seconds and then EMS automatically moves to next display
page. This automatic scanning continues until a keyboard display page key is
pressed or EMS activates alarms.
If EMS detects an abnormal condition, video monitor stops scanning display
pages, shows ALARM SUMMARY display page and EMS activates alarms.
If EMS activates alarms, acknowledge alarms by following procedures in paragraph 3-5
For continuous viewing of one display page rather than the 9 second viewing per display page shown on automatic
scanning, press keyboard key for desired display page
Selected display page remains on video monitor for 2 or 3 minutes before
automatic scanning starts again.
While viewing display page, make sure time and date displayed on screen are correct. If not correct, reset
according to procedures in paragraph 3-. 2. 5.
If more time is needed to view selected display page, press PAGE LOCK keyboard key. Make sure PAGE LOCK
key turns blue.
To unlock display page, press another display page key or press PAGE LOCK key. Make sure PAGE LOCK key
blue light goes out.
If PAGE LOCK key is pressed, automatic scanning will begin Immediately. If
display page key is pressed, automatic scanning will begin 2 to 3 minutes after
key is pressed.