With power panel 1 circuit breaker 6P5 closed (ON) and red tagged, check input voltage to crane reel. If
input voltage is not 440 Vac, go to step b. If input voltage is 440 Vac, go to step c.
Open (OFF) circuit breaker 6P5 on power panel 1. Red tag circuit breaker with: WARNING - DO NOT
ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING MADE. Check continuity of input wires from terminal box to crane reel. If
check indicates open circuit, replace bad wire(s). If check indicates closed circuit, check circuit breaker
6P5 on power panel 1 and input wires from circuit breaker 6P5 to terminal box.
With power panel 1 circuit breaker 6P5 closed (ON) and red tagged, check output voltage from crane reel.
If output voltage is not 440 Vac, go to step d. If output voltage is 440 Vac, crane reel is not at fault.
Open (OFF) and retag circuit breaker 6P5 on power panel 1. Remove all spring tension, remove cover
and drum, and check cable connections and slip ring. Tighten loose connections and remove corrosion.
Replace slip, if necessary.
2-16.3.3 Repair. Repair crane reel by replacing mainspring and clip as given in Section III, Service, page 4, in the Aero-
Motive Service Manual in Appendix B. To disassemble crane reel, refer to the exploded view in the manual.
(1) Make sure crane reel is electrically dead by opening (OFF) power panel 1 circuit breaker 6P5. Red
tag circuit breaker with: WARNING - DO NOT ACTIVATE. REPAIRS BEING MADE.
(2) Remove all spring tension from crane reel.
(3) Tag and disconnect cable from crane assembly motor controller.
(4) Note mounting position, remove mounting hardware, and remove crane reel.
(1) Install crane reel as mounted previously. Follow installation instructions in Section I, Installation of
Reel, on page 4 in the Aero-Motive Service Manual in Appendix B.
(2) Adjust crane reel as given in Section II, Adjustment, on page 4 in the Aero-Motive Service Manual.
(3) Connect wiring as tagged.
(4) Close (ON) circuit breaker 6P5 on power panel 1.
(5) Check operationally by moving crane fore and aft so that crane reel cable runs out as far as it can in
2-16.4 Bridge Crane Assembly. Maintenance of the bridge crane assembly includes the electric powered crane, rails,
jib rail, and associated structures.
Shut down bridge crane system before attempting maintenance. Be sure to open (OFF) circuit breaker
6P5 on power panel 1. Red tag circuit breaker with: WARNING - DO NOT ACTIVATE. REPAIRS
BEING MADE. However, if one of the bridge cranes must be operational, disconnect and tape voltage
input cable terminals at crane reel of bridge crane to be shut down.
See TB 43-0142 and Spanmaster Spare Parts and Maintenance Manual in Appendix B for additional