Table 2-4. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Seawater System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
Dirty Water Operations
Drain filter 15 seconds per each hour
1) Drain seawater filters by:
22 and 26
23 and 26
1 and 2
22, 23 and 26
2) After draining, dose valves SW22
and/or 23, and SW26.
3) Record time/date of purging in opera-
a. While supplying seawater to air condi-
tioning unit and/or chlorinating system
using cooling pump (void 2 port) perform
1) Check for normal operation and leaks.
Class III leaks.
2) Check cooling water strainer input
and output pressure gauges for
* Pressure differences between the
two reading gauges is normal.
* If pressure difference between the
two gauges reaches 2 HG, turn
handle on the cooling water strainer
to route the seawater flow through
dean strainer basket.
* Remove and clean dirty strainer
* Record date/time of strainer basket
change in operation log.
3) When regulator outlet pressure gauge
drops 10 psi, replace in-line filters.
4) Inspect mounting bolts.
Change 1 2-14