Table 2-4. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for Seawater System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
* If chlorination unit valve CU11 is in
OPEN position, turn to CLOSE
* Close seawater valves SW47 and
* Use in-line bib to drain excess
water from line, then close hose
* Unscrew filter body and drain.
Clean or replace filter element.
* Replace filter body in housing.
* Return CU11 and SW47 and SW48
b. When supplying seawater for generator.
1) Check for normal operation and leaks.
Class III leaks.
2) Regularly monitor generator cooling
strainer input and output pressure
gauges (void 4 port on barges 2 and 3
* Pressure difference of 2-4 psi
between the two groups is normal.
* If pressure differences between
input and output gauges reaches 8
psi, turn handle on generator cool-
ing system to route seawater
through clean strainer.
* Remove and clean dirty strainer
c. Remove rust and corrosion.
Touch up or
paint in accordance with TB 43-0144 as
necessary. Do not paint thread or labels.
d. Lubricate air conditioning cooling pump
motor and fittings, if necessary, with
grease in each oil hole as specified in the
Change 1 2-15