Table 3-3. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services for ROWPU System (Continued)
Q - Quarterly
S - Semiannually
A - Annually
CHECK FOR AND HAVE
IS NOT READY/
REPAIRED OR ADJUSTED
B D A D W M Q S A
f. Prime chemical metering pump after
replacing coagulant or inhibitor.
* Set stroke and speed controls to 100.
* Set control station ONIOFF switch
* Connect hose to purge air purge
valve to collect any air or liquid.
* While pump is priming open air
* Close air purge valve when fluid is
free of air.
* When pump is primed, turn control
station ON/OFF switch to OFF.
* Set chemical metering pump control:
g. Make sure membrane cleaning agent
(Hydrakleen) drums are full. If not,
replace drums in accordance with item 4
a. Check chemical agent drum.Replace if
necessary as follows:
Wear safety goggles or face shield and rub-
ber gloves while replacing chemical agent
drums. Immediately wash off agent that
contacts skin. If agent touches eyes, Imme-
diately flush eyes at eye wash station. Wash
spills with water. Dry mop to prevent slip-
1) Close valve RO13 on hose connected
to large threaded drum bunghole.
2) Disconnect hose containing valve
Change 1 3-10